Thursday, October 6, 2011

Cold Brewed Iced French Vanilla Coffee

I can show you have to save money on fancy coffee.  This takes very little to no effort to do and I think my coffee tastes better than Starbucks because I used fresh french vanilla flavored coffee beans.  I find the aroma of coffee to be intoxicating.  I love it.  However, even though I find the smell of coffee to be so addicting surprisingly, I do not drink coffee.  Me and caffeine do not mix.  Today, I'm making this for my wonderful husband to bring to work in the mornings so he can work hard and make the $$$.   Just kidding... not really though.  Haha!  

Recipe
Makes 4 to 8 cups

Ingredients
3/4 c french vanilla coffee beans (you can use whatever coffee beans you want)
4 c cold water

Directions
Freshly grind the coffee beans.  

Place the coffee bean grinds in a french press and fill with 4 cups of water.  Leave the plunger up and place it in the fridge overnight.  In the morning, slowly plunge the coffee.  Taste and add more water depending on your preference.  You can always add water to this but you cannot take it away.


I bought this wonderful smelling coffee beans at Henry's Market.  Yum....


Add milk and sugar if you desire.  Mat likes drinking his coffee black so I didn't need to add anything to it.  You can do this recipe.... it is that easy.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Yum! Where did u get those cute sweat free cups?? Btw I just ordered my first box of farm fresh! What mix do u usually get? I got the mostly fruit box... Kinda scared to get too many funky things for my first time. Haha

Oh Sweet Escape said...

I get the regular mix with some fruit and some veggies. The veggie one is a little intimating because you never know what you are going to get. It is hard to eat something if you don't know what to do with it! I'm excited for you though! And, I got the cute double wall glasses on amazon. They looked pretty cool so I got them! The only thing I wish I could change about them is that they are only 8 oz cups. I wish they were 16 oz cups. http://www.amazon.com/Artisan-Double-Beverage-Glasses-Tumblers/dp/B0041ENPEO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1318366541&sr=8-1

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...