Friday, June 24, 2011

Lemon Juice Ice Cubes

I have lots of lemons leftover from our Father's Day BBQ (more than I know what to do with) so I figured out a way to salvage them before they go bad.  I juiced the lemons and froze the juice in a ice cube tray.  Not just any ice cube tray but a disney mickey mouse ice cube tray!  Don't ask me why I have something so random.  


I cut the lemons in half and started to juice away.  If you wanted to grate the lemons to save some of the zest, you probably could do that too and freeze it in the ice cubes.



While I was juicing, I placed a strainer over my pyrex measuring cup to catch all the seeds and poured the juice in the ice cube tray.


Now, I have fresh lemon juice to instantly add to teas, marinades, salad dressings, salt scrubs, etc.  I use lemons all the time.  I don't know why I didn't think of this before.

3 comments:

Sweet Kat's Creations said...

This is SUCH a good idea! I will def be freezing some lemon ice cubes soon!

nusrat said...

interesting.. i like the photograph so much :)

Best ice shaver said...

I'm so glad you are reading it! I just read another article by her too and will pass it along. I love her writing, ideas, thought process....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...