Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Nectarine Blueberry Crumble

This recipe is such a crowd pleaser and super easy to make!  It was so easy that it's definitely going to be on the menu at our next dinner get together.  I love this recipe because it is not too sweet or buttery.... the warm crumble is just ridiculously yummy with the cold ice cream.

Recipe
From My Father's Daughter and I added minor notes

Ingredients
4 cups of fruit (sliced peaches, diced apples, blackberries, blueberries, etc)
1/4 cup plus 1 tbs white spelt flour (I used Bob's Red Mill whole wheat pastry flour)
1 cup whole rolled oats (not instant and not steel-cut)
1/4 cup firmly packed unrefined dark brown sugar
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
Pinch fine salt
4 tbs unsalted butter, at room temperture
Ice cream, for serving

Directions
 Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.

Combine the fruit with 1 tbs of flour in a 9-inch pie pan or similar-sized baking dish.  Combine the rest of the ingredients (except the ice cream) together in a mixing bowl, using your hands to form pea-sized crumbs.  Sprinkle the topping evenly over the fruit.  Bake for 45 minutes, or until the topping is browned and the fruit juices are bubbling.  Serve warm with ice cream. 

I used white and yellow nectarines.


These are the old-fashioned oats that the recipe is referring to.


I mixed all my dry ingredients together with butter.  I used a fork to mix instead of my hands.


I also added 1/4 cup frozen blueberries I had in the freezer just because and I know Mat loves blueberries =)


Gracie was fast asleep while I was cooking in the kitchen.  She had a fun, sunny day at day care.  She lives a tough life.


I mixed the fruit with 1 tbs of flour.


I put the topping on the fruit and put the crumble in the preheated oven.


I served the crumble warm with vanilla bean ice cream.  This was SO good!  Mat didn't even talk while he ate this.  He just gobbled it up.  


3 comments:

vicki said...

Mat is the luckiest husband.

Oh Sweet Escape said...

i would make this for you too if we lived together! haha!

Angela Park said...

this sounds so yum that i'll have to try making it sometime!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...