Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Ginger Beet Apple Carrot Juice

As one of our wedding gifts, our dear friend, Joseph, sent us this wonderful juicer even though he couldn't even make it to our actual wedding day.  He is pretty much a genius and recently landed a job in Switzerland to help 3rd world countries get access to clean water and other wonderful things like that and was moving the weekend of our wedding.  So whenever I use my juicer, I think of him.  Thank you Joseph!!!

I came up with this recipe because we had some carrots and ginger that had been in our fridge for a few weeks and I knew I had to make use of them soon before they went bad. Juicing is a great way to use veggies or fruits that need to be used up!  So, I went to the farmers market and picked up fresh apples and beets to make this concoction.  And one of the best parts about juicing is that the measurements do not have to be perfect so follow the recipe loosely and add in anything you want that sorta fits in the flavor profile like parsley, kale, pears, etc.

Recipe
Makes about 5 servings

Juice:
4 small unpeeled apples (preferably organic since I'm using the apples unpeeled)
2 large peeled beets (when I say large I mean the size of a grapefruit)
1 peeled ginger root the size of a thumb
5 medium peeled carrots




Doesn't the beet look so weird in the picture on the right? 


But it looks so pretty inside!  Like a beautiful print for a dress.


I put everything in a large colander and rinsed with water and juiced away!


Serve juice over ice or chilled.


This is when I wish I had a compost bin and a green thumb!  One of the things God has NOT blessed me with.  I am highly allergic to everything outdoorsy.

2 comments:

Sweet Kat's Creations said...

You are getting so good with your new camera Mon!

Oh Sweet Escape said...

thanks! i can't wait to get a better lens now... it's fun =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...