Friday, June 10, 2011

New Inspirations I

When our close friend, Vicki, came to visit us the other night from Chicago, she lugged our heavy wedding gift all around from Chicago to Seattle to LA to watch us open up our gift in person.  She put together a box full of various goodies to celebrate our marriage and to fill it with sweetness, good company, full of flavor, and the most important of all, love.  One of the items in the box was a personalized Tastebook cookbook that Vicki created with 20 of her favorite recipes which I will treasure greatly.  I'm super excited to test out some of the recipes she gave us because I know they will be simply scrumptious!  It has become a new inspiration for me.  Thank you Vicki!  Absolutely love it!




Another thing that was part of our wedding gift was a canning jar filled with beautiful preserved lemons that Vicki made.  This has inspired me to learn how to cook something Moroccan!  Stay tuned for that!



Last but not least, if you remember, I was really debating on which cookbook I should add to my mini library of cookbooks in this past post.  I decided on My Father's Daughter by Gwyneth Paltrow.  Her well-written introduction, great reviews, and beautiful images won me over.  I'm very excited to start on new recipes with this new cookbook too!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...