Tuesday, May 24, 2011

DIY Lemon Lavender Salt Scrub

I love making my own salt scrubs at home because they are easy, cheap, and make my skin baby soft.  I like to customize the essential oils depending on what I'm feeling like.  Most of the time, I switch off between peppermint and lavender or mix the two together.  I also love the olive oil on my skin because it is surprisingly not that greasy in a scrub (the oil seems moisturizing if anything), I don't need to apply lotion after the shower which makes my life a little easier, it's natural, and has a ton of other benefits for your skin.


Recipe for 1

3 tbs of fine sea salt
1 tbs of olive oil (preferably organic)
Juice of half a lemon
3 to 4 drops of lavender essential oil

Mix together in container and scrub away!


In the shower, the calming lavender smell reminds me of the picture below and I imagine that I'm wandering around in a field of lavender with the sun slowly setting.  I can't wait to go to Provence at the end of summer to see the lavender fields in person. 



4 comments:

vicki said...

Oooh Provence in the summer?! love the salt scrub recipe, great idea. btw, the girl in the lavendar fields, her dress kinda looks like your tulle wedding dress:P esp with the black ribbbon!

Oh Sweet Escape said...

i didn't notice that! it does look like my tulle dress =)

Unknown said...

I am totally going to try this! OBSESSED with Lavender! xoxo

Oh Sweet Escape said...

yay! you should! i was gonna do it again tonight too. =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...