Sunday, May 1, 2011

Soupy Sundays

On Sunday afternoons, I love coming home after church and making a big pot of stew, soup, anything to help elevate worrying about healthy dinners during the work week.  Today I made Giada's Lentil Soup which is one of my "go to" soup recipes.  I eliminated the elbow pasta and the parmesan cheese and reduced the chicken stock measurements by 2 cups (so 9 cups total) to make the recipe less starchy and also, I hate it when pasta gets mushy in soups!  And since I want this soup to last me for a few days, I eliminated the pasta to avoid mushy pasta in my soup for future meals.  I also added fresh chopped parsley for some freshness.  I have gotten Mat used to the idea of replacing lentils in place of meat for protein and he seems to be liking it more surprisingly =) 
  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...