Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Dinner

One of our favorite places to eat is this Chinese Islamic place in Anaheim.  I never knew this type of Chinese food existed but there is a western portion of China that have a high Muslim population.  I had NO idea.  So Mat's family sure knows how to eat..... this is one of the 20+ dishes that we ordered. 


The lamb stew is probably the best thing on the menu.   This picture just doesn't do justice.


Instead of rice, we eat all the dishes with this type of bread (similar to naan).


And I happily dipped the bread into the stew all evening =)


This delicious creation is from Susina's.  I am going to try and figure out how to make a similar dessert at home.  The shortbread cookie crust was SO good with the light custard inside.  A version of this may appear in the near future for a family gathering....


When we came home last night, I came home to this wonderful ball of JOY!  My heart melts when I see her happy face.

1 comment:

vicki said...

I think I have to make a trip to LA just to eat at that place! yum!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...