Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Home Office Design Ideas

I want to warn you guys in advance that I am not going to be posting as often as I used to.  I am considering a new opportunity (completely unrelated to this blog) and I have to take time off to think about it.  You never know what a little itty bitty blog can do which led me to this new opportunity.  I never did.  My husband never did......but God works in miraculous ways.  And here I am contemplating life and what I really want to or should do with it... what we should do with it (now that I am married, I have to do the "we" thing...haha).

In the meantime, I'm going converting one of our bedrooms into a home office between Christmas and New Years.  We always needed an office in the house and now is the perfect time to do it.  We currently have this spare room we use as a laundry room so our lazy selves do not have to fold laundry and we can leave it hanging around or in baskets everywhere.  Sounds lovely huh?  I think we can make much better use of it.

Here are some of my ideas....

I really want a Louis ghost chair.  What would drive me to spend $400 for an uncomfortable looking plastic chair?  Because it looks oh so pretty!  I have to run this by the husband (crossing my fingers).



Cool artwork.  I haven't decided if I want a big art piece hanging on the wall OR.....



Lots of various pieces hanging on the wall.



Can I please get a cool chandelier?  I'm obsessed with chandeliers.



Bookshelves for all my books too!  Yes, definitely need some of those.  I like how there is a mirror hung on the bookshelf too.  You know... so I can check myself out while I am working.  I'm totally KIDDING.  But it would look pretty if there was a mirror hanging or some type of artwork.



I probably have to figure out a way so that the whole office isn't totally fem so Mat can use it too but I haven't figured out how yet.  Still thinking.....

15 comments:

Hannah said...

Ah I hear ya! I'm moving into a new apartment next month with the BF and we are making the loft our "office space". Ugh, HOW does one incorporate all the girly amazingness into the office while allowing the boy to make it a "manly" space too? So difficult.

Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

Maria @ Orchard Bloom said...

My fav is the last photo. Go in that direction!

Oh Sweet Escape said...

hannah, it is SO hard to make everyone happy! maybe not so much pink? lol!

thanks maria! this is going to be a fun project for me. can't wait to start!

Cyn said...

I LOVE Louis ghost chairs! I wanted them earlier this year but never got around to it. You can find no-name brands on Amazon for a LOT cheaper. And what's the new opportunity??? Share!

DrunkOnShoes said...

what!?!?! not posting as much?!?! wah T_T .. so it's unrelated to the blog but it's because of the blog? I am oober curious!

omg i totally want a home office too. mine is basically a console table in my room with my laptop on it. i totes want a chandelier too!

Didi said...

congrats on the new opportunity! hope whatever decision you make will make you and the hubby happy! :)

Oh Sweet Escape said...

i can't share the new thing just yet because it is pretty confidential but i will when i can! i'm gonna try to keep up the blog as much as i can but we will see. i'm gonna be pretty swamped but in a good way :)

Land of Nams said...

Can't wait to hear about your new opportunity and whether you take it!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Can I get a woot, woot on *ALL* of it??? (c: I know what you mean about the ghost chairs...and a fabulous chandelier goes a long ways!

Bradley said...

Love all of these images! Especially the first one. Can't wait to see what you decide to do with your office!

www.luellajune.com

Unknown said...

Great blog!! That was amazing.your thought processing is wonderful,thanks for sharing...
Home Storage Designers Long Island

Anonymous said...

Great article, this is such an interesting and informative article.
office refurbishment

wilson Interior Designers said...

Office Interior Designers
is very important for the employees of an enterprise and the work place is becoming almost as important as that of our home.

Unknown said...

Good ideas you have here. This will help you become more productive. I'm sure this'll be helpful for the office space for rent in Quezon city. Thanks for sharing!

Shanaya said...

This blog is really amazing.. i really appreciate your effort..From this blog i receive really very-very important information which is very necessary..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...