Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Ancho Chili Rosemary Nuts

Well hello there!  I'm still alive over here.  I have been busy thinking about life and hibernating when I can.  It has been really cold in LA lately.  Don't laugh my Chicago friends.

Christmas is just around the corner.  Mat and I are hosting Christmas dinner for our family and I am thinking of all the things that need to be made... prime rib, cream corn, roasted veggies, jalapeno cheddar corn bread, mac and cheese... I'm getting excited just thinking about it!  I'm also making these nuts along with a couple other goodies so people can munch on them with wine and cocktails before dinner.  This recipe was adapted from Barefoot Contessa's Chipotle and Rosemary Roasted Nuts.  This is a great recipe because you can make these ahead of time and you can also package them for little gifts to friends and coworkers. 


Makes 4 to 6 servings

Canola oil
4 cups nuts (use a mixture of your favorite nuts)
2 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons lightly packed brown sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons orange juice (you can use grapefruit juice too)
1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary, divided
Kosher salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Brush a generous amount of canola oil on the bottom of a baking pan.  Toss nuts with 1 tablespoon of canola oil, maple syrup, brown sugar, orange juice, ancho chili powder, 1 tablespoon of rosemary, and 1 teaspoons of salt.

Roast nuts in the oven for 25 minutes.  Toss the nuts with a metal spatula or wooden spoon half-way through.  Remove from the oven and toss with 1 tablespoon of rosemary and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.  

As the nuts cool, toss the nuts frequently to prevent them from sticking to one another and to the bottom of the pan.  


These nuts are addicting.  They are sweet, salty, smokey, and aromatic from the rosemary.  Perfect combination of flavors.  

10 comments:

Melissa Marie Head said...

Ooooh I am going to make these for Christmas and my cookie exchange party. Thanks!

Oh Sweet Escape said...

I hope you like them! :) I'm not much of a sweets person myself so I prefer savory stuff over cookies most of the time.

DrunkOnShoes said...

omg yummers!!! do u have a easy cookie recipe somewhere? preferably something not just made of sugar and butter so i can NOT hate myself for eating it. hehehe

Sweet Kat's Creations said...

YUM! :)

Maria @ Orchard Bloom said...

love spice nuts! thanks for the recipe

didi said...

danny loves all kinds of nuts, i'm gonna try this!

Anonymous said...

oh WOW this IS REALLY GOOD!! Thanks Monica - Ryann

Oh Sweet Escape said...

ryann, i wish you lived closer to me so you could be my professional taste tester! i need one!

Monica said...

I made these for New Years Eve. They turned out perfect. I added garlic to the mix because I am in love with it! Super good addition.

Oh Sweet Escape said...

monica, thanks for stopping by! :) thanks for letting me know that the recipe turned out well too!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...