Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Anchovy Vinaigrette

I'm still eating light this week with salads.  The other night I made this salad dressing.  For those of you who buy salad dressing, I really want to show how easy it is.  Most of the time it's just putting everything in a jar and shaking it but this one takes a minute longer to make since the anchovies need to be whizzed in a blender.  This salad dressing is one for anchovy lovers! 

Recipe
Makes 1/2 cup

Ingredients
6 olive oil-packed anchovies
2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tbs red wine vinegar 
1/3 c extra virgin olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper

Directions
Whiz the anchovies, mustard, and vinegar together in a blender, being sure to get the anchovies completely pureed.  With the motor on, slowly stream in the olive oil.  Season to taste with pepper.

Dijon mustard is totally a kitchen staple.  I use it for salad dressing all the time.  


I love having mason jars around the house so I can use them for salad dressings, jams, and other sauces. 


The dressing pairs really well with bitter greens so I made the salad with arugula, shaved gruyere, and toasted walnuts. Surprisingly, the salad dressing wasn't as salty or anchovy as I expected.  The dijon mustard and red wine vinegar really balances out the flavors.

2 comments:

vicki said...

Ooh love the plating on the wood platter!

Oh Sweet Escape said...

thanks :) i just got the platter! i love wood pieces!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...