Thursday, May 26, 2011

Eye De-Puffer

I'm not sure what happened between the ages of 27 and 28.  One day I woke up, looked in the mirror and my undereye area beneath both eyes was puffy.  Sadly, I even got confirmation from a close friend who doesn't see me very often because she lives in NYC.  She told me that my eyes looked really tired and puffy compared to the last time she saw me months ago while I was visiting her.  Since I was only 3 months away from my wedding, I started freaking out because puffy eyes is one of those things that you can't hide with makeup.  I bought a series of facials from a highly coveted holistic esthetician in West Hollywood as a desperate attempt to remedy the situation and even though the Maschera al Ferro treatment (it's a magnetic mask that contains iron particles and the esthetician rubs this magnet on your masked face to pull the iron particles out of your pores along with dead skin cells and other impurities.... the bizarre things I go through to keep my face maintained!  Lol!) was dandy and worth the trouble since my wedding was so close, the esthetician told me an invaluable piece of information to decrease the puffiness in my eyes.

The solution ended up being as simple as lemon juice and honey.  She told me to dissolve a small scoop of raw unfiltered honey with juice of half an organic lemon in warm water and drink on an empty stomach every single morning.  She told me the the tea drains the fluids away from my eyes and I did it regularly up 'til my wedding.  I don't know if it was the fact that I was simply drinking more water or if the lemon juice made the pH level in my body more alkaline or what.... I'm really not sure but my eyes really did decrease in puffiness!  Consistency is KEY here.  I hope this helps you! 







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...