Friday, July 15, 2011

Olive Tapenade

Okay.... so I can easily eat this appetizer as dinner with crackers and a nice glass of sauvignon blanc.  I don't know if you noticed but I love foods that pair really well with good glass of wine.  Wine is totally my weak spot (I really mean it too... I can cut out meat, ice cream, sugar, chocolate and even in-n-out from my diet but my will power only goes so far) and that is why I also love this tapenade.

Recipe
From my personalized cookbook

Ingredients
1/2 lb pitted kalamata or mixed olives (I used kalamata)
2 anchovy fillets
1 small clove garlic, minced
2 to 3 fresh basil leaves
1 tbs lemon juice
2 tbs olive oil
red wine vinegar if you like (I definitely added a little bit of red wine vinegar to it because I love the zing the vinegar adds to tapenade)

Directions
Thoroughly rinse the olives in cool water.  Place all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor.  Process to combine, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl, until the mixture becomes a coarse paste, approximately 1 to 2 minutes total.  Transfer to a bowl and serve.


Instead of having the food processor simply on for 1 to 2 minutes, I pulsed the food processor to get the mixture to become the right coarse texture I wanted.



I am in my happy place when I'm eating this with a cool, crisp glass of white vino.  =)


Hope you like this recipe!  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...