Thursday, September 8, 2011

Lavender Honey Tea

When we were in the south of France, Mat and I stopped by the beautiful city of Aix-en-Provence.  When we were walking through the city, I was thrilled to stop at the open market.  I was totally in my element with all the fresh produce, seafood, olive oil, and flowers.  The lavender really caught my attention because Provence is known for their picturesque lavender fields.  


While perusing the market, I met the most adorable little French lady selling lavender.  She explained to me how versatile lavender was in foods which totally intrigued me because I am used to lavender for bath products and perfumes.  You will definitely be seeing lavender in future food posts from me!  I'm so excited to try the lavender in savory dishes now. 

 

She also explained to me that I could use lavender in tea.  I followed her instructions and found the tea to be extremely soothing and calming.  I should really be drinking this stuff every day after work to unwind!  Absolutely love it.

Recipe
Makes 1 to 2 serving

Ingredients
2 c boiling water
2 tsp dried edible lavender
Honey 

Directions
Boil the water and steep the dried lavender in the hot water for 10 minutes.  Add as much honey as you like.



I also bought honey from a village in Zakynthos which went perfect with my tea.  It was totally worth lugging back in Mat's luggage.  Lol!  My luggage was already over the 50 lb weight limit so I stuffed it in his bag.  The honey is already floral so it paired well with the lavender.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...