Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Miso Dressing

This is my favorite like my fav-or-ite salad dressing.  You will thank me for sharing it after you make it.  Yes, I am very confident that it will be your favorite too.  This recipe is so simple but I feel like I have unearthed a secret because it took a few tries to figure this dressing out.  This is a perfect dressing for a tofu salad, steamed veggies, and put it on top of fish right before you roast it for a miso glaze.  I make quite a bit of this dressing because Mat and I eat so much of it so feel feel to cut this recipe in half.   It lasts at least a week in your fridge.


Makes 2 cups

2/3 c hawaiian sweet onion, coarsely chopped
1 garlic clove
1/2 c canola oil
1/2 c red miso
1/4 c rice wine vinegar
1/4 c mirin
1/4 c water
Pinch of black pepper

Blend all the ingredients together in a blender.  That's it.


I love having miso in our fridge at all times because it is great for making a quick soup with water, tofu, green onions, and whatever veggies I have on hand (you could use mushrooms, broccoli, or bok choy). 


Are you getting sick of seeing mason jars in my posts?  I use them all the time.  You can find them at Target, Wal-mart, Stater Brothers, etc.  And, I used the dressing to put on top of green lettuce, tofu, green onions, and roasted sesame seeds.  It is great for a healthy snack, side, or for lunch. 

4 comments:

Sweet Kat's Creations said...

This looks delicious...thanks Mon!

Oh Sweet Escape said...

i think you would like this one =)

Didi said...

monica, can you please send me this recipe via e-mail? :) i wanna try it and have been looking for a yummy salad dressing! didichow@gmail.com

Oh Sweet Escape said...

i'm sending it to you right now didi! hope you like it!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...