Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tabbouleh

I love my veggies and herbs!  Last night I made tabbouleh from the veggies I got from the farmers market and mint from my friend's backyard.  Her mom has a fabulous herb and veggie garden in her backyard with all these exotic Thai and Indonesian herbs.   I wish I had a green thumb!!  For now, I take what I need from her and last night I took some fresh mint.  It smelled SO good! 




Ta da!  Most nights, I just eat salad for dinner.  I love it!  And it's super cleansing on the palate. 


The recipe is super easy and you don't have to be perfect about the proportions.

Recipe:

1 c of bulgur wheat
1 bunch of parsley (about 1 c chopped)
1 bunch of mint (about 1 c chopped)
2 bunches of scallions
2 cups of small tomatoes
1 hothouse cucumber

2 lemons
1/4 c to 1/2 c of olive oil
Salt to taste

Boil 1 1/2 cups of boiling water and place bulgur wheat in a large bowl.  Pour the boiling water over the bulgur wheat and let it sit at room temperature for 1 hour.  Chop all the herbs and veggies while the bulgur wheat is resting.  Strain the bulgar wheat in a strainer and cool with cold water.  Add parsley, mint, scallions, tomatoes, and cucumber to the bulgur wheat.  Squeeze the lemon juice from the lemons and add to the mixture along with the olive oil and salt to taste.  Let the salad sit for at least 1 hour for the flavors to combine together.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...