Monday, April 25, 2011

Kefir Grains Challenge Day 1

My girlfriend, Gina, gave me a present over the weekend.  I know what you are thinking.... WTH is that?!?


Well, you take these slimy kefir grains and cultivate the bacteria in a glass jar with room temperature milk so the probiotic bacteria grows.  After 24 hrs in the milk, you drain the kefir grains in a strainer and you drink the sour milk.  Sound like a crazy freaky science experiment on yourself?  Yes, it really is.  I will tell you know it goes.  My friend's mom tried it for a month and her skin brightened up so I'm willing to try this thing if my skin brightens too.  I tested the sour milk out on my wonderful loving husband last night and he seems to be okay today.  Lol!  I will try this tonight and every day this week and report back to see if this stuff really works.  The things we do in the name of beauty! 

*Edit*

I took a couple pics of the kefir grains so you can see the milk cultivating.  YUM is not the first word that comes to mind.  I did get a chance to read up on kefir milk and you can use it as a replacement for buttermilk and the health benefits are amazing and one of them is allergies!  If this stuff cures my allergies, I will be preaching the stuff to everyone I know.  It will be the best present ever! 



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...